Monday 23 June 2014

Spotlight on the Seller... Lynn Lawson

I am a self taught artist. My inspiration comes from nature, colours, shapes and emotions. Sometimes I draw what I see and sometimes the colours and shapes morph into completely imaginary forms. It all depends on my mood. Sunny days often result in a painting of garden flowers or a landscape at other times I let the picture emerge from paper.
As a child I enjoyed drawing and because I enjoyed it I did more of it. Being told my drawing was good I did it even more and when you find out you can do something quite well you do more of it and so my technique improved. My biggest regret is not pursuing ART after A Level.
Throughout my teaching career, watercolour painting has been my hobby and my method of escape from the pressures of work. Frustratingly at times, it seemed little more than a holiday pastime. Although I must admit I doodled constantly through meetings and conferences!
I have recently left the teaching profession and now have the luxury of working my life around my painting

No comments:

Post a Comment