Monday 19 January 2015

Spotlight on the Seller... Dizzy Ducks





A Londoner residing in Yorkshire for the past 20 years with my family, I am surrounded by beautiful landscapes, historic towns, wonderful architecture and so much more just calling out to be photographed. I come from a family of photographers so it made sense that at some point in my life I would take up the camera to earn a living. I also chose photography as my minor alongside my degree in English Literature when I studied at Bretton Hall College (part of Leeds University)


 



I am passionate about trees and can often be seen photographing them in all their glory through all four seasons and I am currently putting together an arboreal series with the intention of it being exhibited as a whole.






Although many of my photographs are places in Yorkshire I also take photographs wherever my travels take me.






I have been a darkroom and black & white film photographer for many years so moving into the digital age has been quite an adventure. I use several different cameras, truth be told I always have at least one camera with me at all times. I prefer not to manipulate my photographs digitally so do a minimum of work on them before deciding which images to publish for sale; indeed many of them have only been cropped before being published. I use a Canon ChromaLife100+ ink system when printing my photographs on a variety of high quality photographic paper; wherever possible I mount and frame my own work.






When not behind the camera my other passion is working with textiles sewing, knitting, crocheting, needle felting, spinning on a drop spindle and quilting. One day I hope to learn to spin on a spinning wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment