Monday 20 October 2014

Seller in The Spotlight.....Glass Bubble






Several years ago I attended a stained glass course at my local education centre (Swathmore in Leeds), and I found a passion for creating glass pieces using traditional stained glass techniques – both using copper foil for smaller pieces and lead for larger ones.





 
After becoming more proficient in the basics, I decided to invest in the equipment I needed to enable me to continue to develop my skills at home – that was the beginning of the journey, after filling all the windows in our home with glass creations, I began to give them away for any occasion!, and then friends and family started to commission pieces, this then led to my trying my hand at selling to the unsuspecting wider world!




And so evolved Glass Bubble – I love the translucent qualities of bubbles and although most of my work is nothing what so ever to do with bubbles, it seemed as good a name as any!



I find that I have a constant stream of creations waiting in my mind – and often the only thing keeping them there is the time it takes to make them reality. It is a time consuming process and many of the pieces that I make are often very delicate and fragile.





Each piece is made individually, by hand, many are one off, which may be recreated, although never exactly the same.




I am happy to consider commissions.






Thanks for reading!
Lucy





No comments:

Post a Comment