Monday 2 September 2013

Spotlight on the Seller: Happy Flower Art



My work is abstract and inspired by my surroundings, colour and basic pattern. I source these through meditative and visionary techniques as well as patterns seen in nature. I also use free form, almost subconscious methods. These processes produce unique pieces with a personal outlook and are often expressive of a certain energy/feeling. It is a result of my background in the Biological Sciences and Psychology as well as observations on life and how many things in nature mirror/represent the human ‘condition’. Hopefully the viewer can relate to and maybe create their own narrative around the piece relating to their own experience.

My artistic influences are visionary artists such as Bruce Rimell, modernists such as Brice Marden, and Frank Stella, Abstract Expressionists such as Mark Rothko and Op Artists such as Bridget Riley.  Also Outsider Artists such as David Shrigley.


I use acrylic paint and small brushes and/or marker pens on paper or canvas to create colourful, detailed images on A2 or smaller size but I do use other media as and when it is appropriate.

Most of my art originates from ideas from my little brain but I'm happy to work with clients on a commission basis to produce something that reflects their personality and needs too - it's always exciting to collaborate!




No comments:

Post a Comment