Monday 9 September 2013

Spotlight on the seller - Glass By Lydia Haines

Seller of the Week

Glass By Lydia Haines



I am a Leeds-based kiln-formed glass artist. Much of my work is about life, energy and movement. I am passionate about life, about living it to the full. I want my audience to engage my work in the same way - to indulge their senses, to feel, touch, delight and be stimulated.


I am fascinated by the effects of light on the hues and tones of the world around me and I love to transpose the vigor found in nature into my work. Using glass as an artistic medium allows me to work with light, manipulating its reflection, refraction and transmission through texture and form.


My Symphony series is a collection of original wall art pieces and 3D objets. I transpose the rhythm of the changing seasons and light on the enchanting Yorkshire landscape – the hills and dales, moorland, rivers and shorelines – into the rhythms and patterns within my work. I work with glass as painters would with paints. I hand cut, juxtapose and layer fine strips of glass to build up texture and create depth as painters would with paints on canvas. The collage is then kiln-fired to create a symphony of light, colour and texture.


I work to private and corporate commissions, offering a broad selection of visually arresting fused glass panels, wall art pieces, objet d’art and designer jewellery.  





Lydia Haines

Unit 16 Patrick Studios,
St Mary’s Lane, LS9 7EH
07949 148 175

No comments:

Post a Comment