Friday 3 April 2015

Spotlight on The Seller....Felt Hoppy





I am based in Hull, having lived there all my life. As a full-time Mum, I took up needle-felting as a hobby. Having four children, it proved to be very therapeutic! Working from home allows me to spend more time with my family despite the fact I am slowly taking over my home with boxes and supplies as Felt Hoppy has expanded.



 People started noticing the creations I’d produced, asking how to make them and I am lucky enough that Felt Hoppy is growing into a full-time business. Creating and crafting things has always been a huge passion of mine and I produce different designs regularly and often post them on social media.



There was a niche in the market in this area due to the lack of stockists and supplies and Felt Hoppy was born. Starting off in local markets and selling online, it continues to grow. This year, I even introduced a vegan-friendly kit using plant extracts instead of wool so nobody has to miss out on such a wonderful craft.





My kits inspire other people to share my passion in needle felting, introducing them to a new craft but be warned, it can be very addictive and your imagination can run a bit wild. It’s an incredibly versatile craft and you can create absolutely anything you want to!



The kits contain everything you need to get started and are easy to follow, with a step-by-step guide and detailed diagrams leading you through the process. It fills me with pride to see so many photos of people pleased and happy with what they have created, having sent me photos of the finished result and naming their little animals which is lovely to see!



Many still send me photos of the projects they have gone on to make and it’s this type of passion which inspired me to create Felt Hoppy in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment