Monday 2 March 2015

Spotlight on the Seller...Lorraine D Connolly Jewellery




I am a Yorkshire lass, born in Keighley and now based in the small market town of Howden, in the East Riding. I worked as journalist for many years before realising, in my late 40s, that I wanted to be a jewellery maker/designer when I grew up! Redundancy pushed me into making the move and I launched my business last year.



My jewellery is made in large part from fine silver clay, which uses silver recycled from the film industry and other sources, including x-rays! The finished pieces are 99.9% pure silver, with some sterling silver.





I also love the versatility and colour of polymer clay, which works well in jewellery, creating unique and wearable art.



I love to add texture and depth to my jewellery and many of my designs are inspired by textiles, specifically crochet and lace. Preserving the delicacy of the fabric designs, whether in fine silver or polymer clay means each and every piece is truly unique. There is no mass-production here.

 

My aim is for others to take as much pleasure from owning and giving my work as I do in designing and making it.




I love creating these pieces and hope that others will enjoy wearing them. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. The joy of creating them and sending them on their way. Completely relate to that sentiment. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For more information about my handmade silver jewellery, go to www.ldcjewellery.co.uk

    ReplyDelete