Monday 10 February 2014

Spotlight on the seller - Hart of glass


The Hart of Glass  seeks to offer a range of unique fused, slumped, recycled and stained glass giftware, jewellery and homeware at affordable prices. 


Designed and made in Leeds in my home studio, I take inspiration from nature, colour,  light, textures and used objects. A large range of glass is used in my one-off pieces and each one is meticulously created with love.

All jewellery is made by firing multiple layers of the finest ‘Bullseye’ and dichroic art glass to achieve a various multi-dimensional effects.

Recycled bottles are chosen carefully for their colour, shape, texture or design which impacts on their final use. Bottles are kiln-fused flat to make cheeseboards, or slumped into shapes for dip dishes, spoon rests, candle bridges and plates. 

I use special enamel paints for commission messages or patterns, for instance on a champagne bottle for an anniversary.

I also enjoy enhancing colourless and transparent glass with inclusions such as coloured ground glass (frit), wafer thin glass and copper sheet or wire. 

I use this technique in my key rings, plaques, coasters and bowls. Again, this provides me with a wide scope of possible designs and products, which are always developing.


Bespoke and commission pieces are always welcome. Please email me with your design idea to thehartofglass@gmail.com


“People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.”
~  Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


No comments:

Post a Comment